Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master
Twin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Admins/Mods
TxValz Luna
Members

Faction Total Members
TCPD 6 1 7
Valentine 1 0 1
Rossi 1 2 3
Untamed 1 1 2
Free Agent 1 2 3
Civilian 3 3 6
Grand Total 13 9 22

Member list
Events/News

It's the middle of February. I know, late to update. But if you couldn't tell, there is no major event running along the Grand Ball. As well, we are going to start pushing more with the grand event. We don't want to exactly hurry everything along, but we do want action to start happening! Feel free to continue to post and enjoy it. Watch out for the drama that is about to go down~

Grand Ball Event
Latest topics
» Screen Shots of Histroy throughout Twin City
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am by Game Master

» The Beach near the Harbor ~ Dragons coming.
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:04 pm by Shogeki Tekina

» Normal Grading Thread
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm by Jasmine Ward

» Svala Svingrior
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm by Luna

» Fenrir (Fenrir Hróðvitnir)
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Rune Alba Tyche
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Shogeki Tekina
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm by Luna

» Gola Jaci "s Character
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:48 am by Luna

» Repeat offender, Shop lifter in the market [Mission Level 1]
Dice and how to use them I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 4:21 am by Game Master

Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Top RP Sites

Dice and how to use them

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dice and how to use them Empty Dice and how to use them

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 pm

In this thread, I will go ahead and do a mock mission thread so you have a clear idea of how to use the dice. As explained before, the dice system is how you make or break a mission. If you pass one, you are that much closer to world domination. If you fail one? Well then you need to start patching up your wounds because you more than likely will bleed to death!

In this example, I will take you through a simple robbery and fight. Below are the details of the mission that you have accepted. Good luck and I wish you the best in your future missions!

Tier Rank: 1
Mission: Rob a store
Details: I need someone to break into a store and steal at least $75 for me. Yeah. Just $75. No need to be flashy here. I'll pay you like $25 for it! Or you can take whatever else and just give me the $75. Please don't ask questions...I'm in a real pickle.
How many people needed?: One or more

Upon accepting the mission, You the mission taker will make a mission thread somewhere appropriate unless it says somewhere in the details where you will be placing it. Here, it clearly says a store so we will go to the SHOPPING DISTRICT for this mission. In the title of the mission, please add: [Mission] for my sanity, alright? That way I know exactly where each mission is being held. Once that has started, your mod will begin the mission.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue10/10Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Armor Points :
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue0/0Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Dice and how to use them Empty Re: Dice and how to use them

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 pm

The next post is where your mod will begin telling you what is going on. The higher the Tier of mission, the harder it is going to be.

You see from a distance that the store in question in unguarded. It is a simple store from the outside and no one is inside, making this a fairly easy job. Doing a once over of the entirety of the building, you notice it has a front door, a back door, and an air duct at the top of the store. It doesn't have any trip alarms, but it is locked. From here, you may make your assessment of how you plan on breaking into the store.

With your information, your next post reflects that of whatever you now know and how you are going to deal with the task given at hand. In this case, you have to figure the best way into the store based on your set of skills. To make this easier, I'll list a set of basic skills that would be good for a scenario such as this:

Athleticism: Gymnastics
Skill: Lock Picking
Endurance: Constitution
Charisma: Deception
Knowledge: Thievery
Awareness: Perception
Combat: Small Blades

In the next post, we will see what would be the best course of action and how to go about it.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue10/10Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Armor Points :
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue0/0Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Now, we will go ahead and look at the next course of action. We will RP this part out. We'll use The name Luna as the character.

Luna had decided that her skills would be better used to use her lock picks and open up the back door. Going in through the front would be a bit obvious as to what she actually was planning on doing. Being careful and as quiet as she could, she made it to the back door and opened up her pouch that contained her picks. With a swift hand, she went about her work.

At this point, we will add the dice factor to the mission. Let me break it down for you. To use the dice, you will have to be in the full reply box, not in the Quick Reply one. Bellow the "PREVIEW" and the "SEND" buttons is the area called "DICES ROLL". It will give you a drop box that gives you 8 options. The Tier 5-0 attacks do not pertain to you right now. We will get to that in a moment. At this moment, we are looking at Proficient and Unproficient.

To decide when to use one or the other is simple. Just ask yourself: "Is the Talent I am trying to do apart of my Talent List?" If so, click on Proficient. If not, then Unproficient. In this case, Luna is Proficient in using lock picks and picking a lock as noted by the Skill "LOCK PICKING". Now that we have that clicked, we can now post the action and see if we pass or not.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

The member 'Luna' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Proficient' :
Dice and how to use them NrQF6BU
Game Master
Game Master
Admin

Health:
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Armor Points :
Focus:

https://twincity.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Now let's take this one step at a time, shall we?

You have noticed that "Game Master" has posted. Correct. If the "Game Master" Has not posted, then that means you did not do it correctly. If somehow you have your action on your own personal post, that is a no no. Reason being is simple: You can go back and edit your own post. While editing your own post is not a bad thing, when you go and send it in again, the outcome will have changed. That is not good because it will not reflect the correct failure/success that had actually happened. So please, allow "Game Master" to post ALL rolls for you. It is there for a reason.

Second thing you notice is the big fat Critical Failure. As sad as it is to see, it happens even with someone being Proficient in things. In a perfect world, everyone would roll the success die every time in a Proficient die roll, but that is not the case this go around. As you suspect, this is rather grim for your character. Could mean failure or success of the mission. So, now that it is the Mod's turn to reply back, we shall see how bad the situation is for Luna.

As Luna began unlocking the door, a trash can had fallen over, breaking her concentration. This caused her to break her pick in the lock. Normally this would be not such a bad deal, but it had broke in such a way, there was no hope to fish it out. Not even a key that normally belongs in the key hole will work now. Not unless someone just simply replaced the door. While this would have been an easy way in, it seems as if you will have to go about this a different way. The two options left to you are the front door and the air duct. From back here, you notice a ladder that will allow access to the top of the building. Or you can simply walk back around the store and try breaking in again.

A real bummer, but it's not the end of the world! Luna was lucky she didn't loose all her picks or had been caught by a TCPD Officer! Since this is Tier 1, it is rather easy so danger for things like that is rather low. Though, as you level up through the ranks, the more danger you will run into. Please remember that.

So at this point, you will have to decide on the next course of action. Front door or the air duct?
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Since the back door had been a bust, lets try something else? Here will be Luna's response to what has happened since her last post.

Luna curse lightly under her breath. This was not how she wanted her day to go. Well, rather night. Regardless, this was how the mission was going so maybe it was better to change her tune. Her gaze shifted to the air duct at the top of the building. It would be simple enough to slide through the air vents and get in that way. Thankfully, there was a ladder. Quickly taking the latter, Luna flew up the steps and to the roof top. It was easy getting the air duct open. The only tricky part was going through the thing. All air ducts were different. This one could have been a long drop, or it could have snaked its way on down. Regardless, Luna went in, seeing how this went.

Luna has now entered the air ducts. At this point you will need a mod to tell you if you have managed to fall face first through 20ft of mostly air, or if it was easy going or not. As well, the mod will tell you if there is any rolls he or she needs you to do. We'll go to the next post to find out.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 pm

In this post, the mod will tell you what to do next.

Knowing that it was a large drop, Luna went in feet first. She will need to figure out how to shimmy her way down as it is a bit of a fall. While no one is in the store, that does not mean it won't make a load noise and or the air duct is stable enough to allow her to jump down on it without breaking. You need Gymnastics, an ability to Hover/Fly, or Climbing.

Since Luna has Gymnastics, she will be able to slide down the smooth air duct. As long as she doesn't get another critical failure again.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Okay, let's see how Luna does this time, shall we? When the mod gives you a roll to do, you do not need to write a whole reply back. Simply writing what you are doing is enough. Missions do not go by post, they go until either you finish or you fail. Rewards will be granted based off how well you did over all.

Luna is going to use Gymnastics to slide down the air duct.

Once again, do as instructed to do for the die roll. We click on Proficient and then send.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 pm

The member 'Luna' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Proficient' :
Dice and how to use them FjWSdOo
Game Master
Game Master
Admin

Health:
Dice and how to use them Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Dice and how to use them Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Armor Points :
Focus:

https://twincity.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 pm

As you can see, Luna did a fantastic job at this! With a Critical Success, the mod will reward the character in one way or another, depending on what they Critically Succeeded in. These are the type of things you are trying to get at all times. The more of these the better. The more successes, the better your outcome as well.

Luna had masterfully slide down the air duct. When she had come to the bottom, she had gingerly touched the metal, not giving a single sound. She can quickly find the air vent to get out of. Picking up the cover to the vent, she can place it to the side and jump down. The jump down will be beautiful. She has enough room to hang down from the duct, swing herself slightly to and fro before letting go, doing a flip through the air and landing upon the ground as effortlessly as a feather.

See what I mean? That was just sparkles on the birthday cake if you ask me. After the Critical Success has been dealt with, the Mod will continue on with the rest of the mission.

Now that Luna is in the store, she can easily see the room where the cash is being kept. It looks like she just needs to unlock the door and step on in. However, as she does that, I will also need you to roll skill "Perception" for me.

Now that the Mod is done speaking, we will address this in the next post.
Luna
Luna
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum