Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master
Twin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Admins/Mods
TxValz Luna
Members

Faction Total Members
TCPD 6 1 7
Valentine 1 0 1
Rossi 1 2 3
Untamed 1 1 2
Free Agent 1 2 3
Civilian 3 3 6
Grand Total 13 9 22

Member list
Events/News

It's the middle of February. I know, late to update. But if you couldn't tell, there is no major event running along the Grand Ball. As well, we are going to start pushing more with the grand event. We don't want to exactly hurry everything along, but we do want action to start happening! Feel free to continue to post and enjoy it. Watch out for the drama that is about to go down~

Grand Ball Event
Latest topics
» Screen Shots of Histroy throughout Twin City
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am by Game Master

» The Beach near the Harbor ~ Dragons coming.
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:04 pm by Shogeki Tekina

» Normal Grading Thread
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm by Jasmine Ward

» Svala Svingrior
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm by Luna

» Fenrir (Fenrir Hróðvitnir)
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Rune Alba Tyche
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Shogeki Tekina
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm by Luna

» Gola Jaci "s Character
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:48 am by Luna

» Repeat offender, Shop lifter in the market [Mission Level 1]
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 4:21 am by Game Master

Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Top RP Sites

Too Stubborn to Die

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty Re: Too Stubborn to Die

Post by Valdrá Eingana Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:25 am

It was odd to be lifted so easily by someone who seemed so small. Or would have been small in comparison, but what wasnʼt weird these days? It was easier though, than she expected, to allow herself to be carried, though perhaps everything was easier to accept when in her current mental state. Shuffling away the knowledge about Harperʼs family make-up, she had so many questions. Big family or no, to have so many different beings in her background, she could not understand. Mental images of demon/wolf children had her frowning at the logistics of the thing, though before her mind could truly fall down that puzzling hole, Harper was speaking again, and then they were off.

Zipping through some blocks sheʼd seen before on her way in, though quickly turning down streets she had not, she smiled. It was a bit like flying, this whole running business, though perhaps too low to the ground for her taste. Keeping track of every turn the wolf took, once Harper finally stopped in front of what must be their destination Valdrá felt confident she could find her way back where they started if necessary. Why she would need to get back to the docks of all places, was not the point. The fact was she could and that gave her a small but important sense of self sufficiency, one she sorely needed.

Eyeing the house though, Valdrá frowned again. Three years of forced observation of humans had taught her a great deal about human social hierarchy, and while Harper was decidedly not human, one might not immediately tell as much based on the city itself. The house, at least on the surface, looked like a house a human would live in, and more than that, a human with money. That alone made her uneasy, though she kept the thought to herself.

Sliding down onto the cool floor with her bare feet as they entered, she tensed as Harper called out, only slightly relaxing when no one responded. Instead, she followed Harper, first to the kitchen and then up the stairs, eyes noting as much as she could feasibly take in without stopping, only once pausing to look at the larger group photo before continuing on, hurrying to follow Harper to her room. For how long sheʼd spent inside a house, sheʼd never really been able to wander around one, freely. Not that she could wander entirely freely now, but still, it was fascinating.

Stepping into Harperʼs bedroom she flashed a small smile. In here was some colour at least. Taking the offered clothing, she merely nodded as Harper explained the bathroom, though whether she actually understood what the other woman was trying to explain was hard to say. And then she was alone.

It was an hour and forty-five minutes later that Valdrá found herself wandering back into the kitchen, hair damp, and sweatpants cinched to her waist, but finally clean, the tattoo across her face more prominent now that she wasnʼt covered in dirt and dried blood. It had taken time to figure out how to get the water started, and of course time to look herself over properly and in private. More time still to figure out what was meant by ʼbath bombʼ though she was fairly certain after the disaster with the bubbles sheʼd mopped up most of the water. Of course, the majority of her effort had been spent just….laying, and so as she tiptoed barefoot into the kitchen, she might have looked exhausted still, but at least she no longer looked near death.

“Thank you for letting me use your bombs.”
Valdrá Eingana
Valdrá Eingana

Health:
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Armor Points :
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fairfax Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Harper got started on the dinner then. Pulling out some of the meat from the freezer, the werewolf girl stared down at the steaks and chicken. She didn't know exactly which one Vadreaam liked, so why not cook both of them? For that matter....how much could the dark skinned elf girl eat? She seemed hungry. By the look of her, Vadreaam seemed like she could eat a good bit. If it was Harper, the werewolf girl could eat a lot. A lot a lot. Well, better start cooking, right? Well she would as soon as she dethawed all this meat right here.

Taking the few packages, Harper turned on the water and begun running it over the frozen meat. This little trick worked better when the meat had been somewhat dethawed, but it would work right now. Harper didn't care and hopefully Vadreaam didn't mind too much. Sure, she wasn't nearly as good of a cook as she was a baker, but she wasn't too terrible. Nothing close to her Moma. Then again, no one could touch that woman in terms of skill. She made Christmas dinner for a week straight for the huge family. Hot damn man. And to make it even worse? Moma wouldn't let just anyone go in and help her. That woman only allowed three others to help her cook for the entire family. Harper was not one of those people.

The young werewolf girl pulled herself together and started cooking the food. She got lost in though as the last of it was starting to finish up when Vadreaam suddenly walked in. Turning a smile her way, Harper was happy to see that she was at the very least cleaned. An even bigger smile came to her lips as the drow girl thanked Harper for the bath bombs. "Oh no worries at all! I enjoy using them after a very long day and relax. Sometimes they smell really good and are really soothing. Hope it helped you in someway shape or form." Harper finished up and placed the cooked food on the table before returning to grab forks, knives, and water. Stopping at the fridge, the werewolf girl called out again. "Is there anythign else you want other than water?"

Harper took a beer herself. Popping off the cap, the brunette woman took a swig of her drink as she waited for the answer. "You are free to eat as much of that as you'd like. There is always more if you manage to eat through all of that." There were about seven large chicken breasts and five large steaks. This would be nothing for her and her brothers, but for her and this girl? Yeah this might be enough. But she could still be wrong. She never said she was always right. She made mistakes. It was all apart of learning.
Harper Fairfax
Harper Fairfax

Health:
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Armor Points :
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Focus: Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdrá Eingana Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:48 am

Walking gingerly farther into the kitchen, she followed Harper to the table, blinking at the food already arranged. It seemed to take great effort on her part, to sit down calmly and wait as one should for Harper to sit down herself, merely shaking her head at Harperʼs offer of something else to drink. It was only after Harper sat across from her that Valdráʼs eyes moved from the meat still steaming on the plates, to watch Harper picking up her silverware, frowning at the werewolves hands. Hoping, as always, that she hadnʼt been too obvious as she mimicked her hosts motions and stabbed a chicken to slide onto her own plate.

“Have you always lived in this place?” Valdrá spoke, sliding yet another piece of chicken over to her, before changing focus and adding steak, still half watching how much Harper herself was taking. Taking more than her host would be disrespectful, but the smell of cooked food after years of what could only be considered garbage to sustain her was making her desire to be polite an effort. Conversation would be key, she figured, along with finding out hopefully useful information about the city itself. Tiny fist taking the knife in hand, she sawed rather gracelessly at the meat that didnʼt deserve to be hacked at that way, but that was what sheʼd seen humanoids do in texts, so that was what she attempted to do now.

“Are all guards like you? Not short I mean, but…” she paused to consider exactly what it was she meant, making a note of keeping her back a good away away from the chair back itself, “kind?” Still not certain that was quite what she meant, but close enough, stabbing at a piece of steak and shoving it into her mouth, in what she hoped was an acceptable manner. It could still be a trap, she supposed, but as she shoveled more food into her mouth, clean and not currently bleeding through her clothes, if it was, it was worth it. “Is the city that safe?” she continued through a full mouth, ever the high class lady. To bring a bleeding, admittedly odd stranger home, regardless of her perceived physical fitness, surely the city had to be fairly secure, or she truly had looked that pitiful. Or both. Yet another reminder of how out of her depths she was, but as her eyes slid closed and she swallowed food faster than she could reasonably chew, it almost didnʼt matter.
Valdrá Eingana
Valdrá Eingana

Health:
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fairfax Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:54 am

Harper grabbed the water for the other girl and then placed her beer down before her. She let the other girl take her food first before then taking three chickens for herself. Taking her knife, she started to cut into it, not really paying much attention to what the other girl was doing at first. But, as time went on, it seemed this strange girl was cutting her food up in large chunks...wouldn't that be a bit difficult to eat? Well, she wasn't going to just out right correct her. No point in making waves. Her brothers eat like wild animals so it's not uncommon for people to do that. So, without making it too super obviously obvious, Harper begun cutting in a way to show the other girl how to cut her food.

A question was asked. One that Harper was taken by surprise. Smiling, Harper glanced up and at the house. "This place? No. This is my mom's second house. She's a lawyer and my dad deals with real estate. We're...." Harper took another bite of her food and chewed. It bothered her sometimes. Her family came from money. Came from a lot of money. Her Fafa, Travis Valentine, had money. Her mother then, when she got older, made money. Harper? Well she was a cop. Not exactly rolling around in the money but got to stay in here for more or less free. Letting out a sigh, Harper finished what was in her mouth and spoke again. "But a house like this? Yeah. I come a very wealthy family. I've been lucky but not many people know that about me know. Honestly, no one I work with really know that. That's a plus at least."

Pros and cons of being from money: everyone knew you and they would judge you. It was annoying, but at the same time, easy. Sometimes being born from money gave you such a better head start. Better education. Better everything. The only thing it didn't give you was a better sense of the world. You didn't learn how the world worked. You learned how money worked and how to get more money. It was something her family wasn't about; thankfully. They never fed you with the silver spoon and made you work for it. Harper was free to make choices. Choices that she alone could make that supported her, not the money.

But the next question took her by even more surprise. Were all people like her? Kind? Was the town safe? Harper chewed on her food with that one too. This town was not safe. It really wasn't. But it was at the same time...she couldn't lie to the girl. Letting out a sigh, Harper started to dig into her food again and begun explaining a few things. "No. On both things. This city isn't exactly safe. It has a lot of dangerous people and dangerous supernaturals running around. There are a lot of very bad people who want to just hurt others. And that's not okay. It's never okay." She stabbed her food at the thought of it. She hated dealing with cases of dead people. Of people she couldn't help in the end. "And there are a lot of bad people in the task force. Some cops just want to line their pockets. Some of them like to put people away for crimes they do. But I won't lie to you either. There are good cops. There are people who do want to help people. I want to help people. I want to make sure the city is a safe place one day and by working as a cop, I can do my part in doing so."

At this point, Harper sounded like a broken record. How many times did she give this speech? How many times did she say she wanted to do good? Well....a lot of times. Maybe too many times. It was almost ironic at this point. A Mafia great granddaughter trying to make the world a better place. Pretty funny.

Shaking her head, Harper finished her three chicken breasts and moved in for a steak. No point in wallowing in that self pity. "You just need to be careful here is all. A lot of people will seem really nice and really just want to do something bad.....but not me! Oh wow that came out wrong I am so sorry!" Now she was panicking. Harper's golden eyes widened as she covered her face with her hands. Why did she say that? It was true, but was that something she needed to say to someone who legit just hair their back ripped open one way or anther? Oh wow she really knew how to make people feel welcomed. "You are free to leave at any time. I swear. I'm not going to make you stay here if you feel uncomfortable. Just walk out the way you came and you don't have to see me again. Not buy choice anyways. I won't judge you. I'm sorry. I was trying to warn you. There are bad people here. But there are good people. The city isn't that terrible of a place....it's getting better." It still didn't help. Not that hse stuck her foot in her mouth already. But what could she do now? Nothing really. Harper was just going to have to see what happened next with Vadreaam.
Harper Fairfax
Harper Fairfax

Health:
Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Too Stubborn to Die - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Armor Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdrá Eingana Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:00 am

Eyes wandering again to Harperʼs hands, she attempted, somewhat successfully, to cut her meat a bit more down to size. Why creatures with perfectly good hands insisted on using strange tools to make eating that much more difficult she certainly did not understand, but she knew enough based on what sheʼd read and what sheʼd seen, to know better than to bring up those thoughts aloud. Step one of successfully blending into a society was to not bring up how illogical said society was. From what sheʼd learned, that was not appreciated. So she continued on, watching Harper, eyes looking around as her hosts did.

Of course Harper came from money, one look at the outside of the place had said as much, though she nodded as Harper explained. Blinking as the woman continued, she didnʼt entirely understand why keeping her wealthy background from the world was desirable, but Harper seemed to prefer it that way and so she frowned but said nothing, continuing to think and shove food into her face, at a more moderate pace at least. Maybe being an officer and having money was not common, though what did she truly know about money to begin with? That it had torn her life apart, that she knew. That she had none and having none meant sleeping outside. Again she frowned in though. Had she come from a wealthy family? In comparison, perhaps, though things did not work the same, she decided immediately. Money bred monsters and while Harper didnʼt appear to be any more monstrous than those sheʼd been forcibly exposed to previously, if anything she was near the opposite of nearly all sheʼd met before, it still made her wary. Having money seemed to require the frenzied drive to gain more, and she shifted somewhat uncomfortably at the thought of how kind Harper might truly be if Valdrá was in the form she was born to be in. Yet without it, in a city driven by it, how far could she hope to truly get?

Whatever answer she had been expecting as Harper continued, Valdrá didnʼt seem to consider what her host went on to explain. The womanʼs motivation, to make things better, was admirable. If true, of course, but she seemed so sincere. The brief thought of her brother nearly had her curling into herself, but he would have known immediately what Harper was all about, if he were here. She shoved the thought away.

“I appreciate the warning, it is okay,” she replied, putting her hands up to try and ease the womanʼs anxiety, even as her eyes got big at the mention of kindness and betrayal. Giving voice to what sheʼd been afraid of since Harper appeared had her shifting once again uncomfortably, but just like before, she had to be realistic too. With very little options available to her, whatever she decided would end up being a gamble in the end, and if she decided to flee now, it would only delay the need to trust someone else in future. “It is better to know that there are terrible people out there even now, than to think that youʼre finally safe.” Valdrá took another bite and looked at Harper. “Right?”

Valdrá sighed, realizing that maybe sheʼd said too much and moved quickly to shift the attention back to Harper and what she did. “So how do you guard a city that is not ʼthat terribleʼ but is not so safe? With a force that is not so honorable?” She asked as if making conversation though was keenly interested in just how Harper worked. How the entire force worked really, if neither the city nor the officers were what the appeared.
Valdrá Eingana
Valdrá Eingana

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fairfax Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Harper let out a breath as she leaned back in her chair. So the girl didn't hate her so much, that was good. It could have been worse. While honesty was the best policy, sometimes being too honest didn't lead to very good things. Harper knew that in more ways than one. And yes, it was better to know that the world wasn't as safe and understanding as you'd think it to be as a child. She had always thought that her mother and father, as well as grandfather and Fafa, would always make the world a safe place. In her youth, she lived in a bubble like that. But, so didn't everyone? But....Vadreaam's thinking...it was sad at the same time. To always feel like you are never safe? That isn't the world that Harper wanted to live in.

Casting her gaze down, she let out a sigh. "I don't know what you have been through, Vadreaam. And I have no right to know. You don't know me and I don't know you. In a world that we live in, yes, on some sense, to think as if you are completely safe would be foolish. But to never feel safe in in a safe haven is also not good. There are many people who think that by saying nice words, they can charm you into making you trust them in order to hurt you. Either to steal your money, some belongings, or even harm you physically. All is not okay. All is never okay. But I don't want to live in a world where someone has to always look over their shoulder in fear. One day, I wish to help those who have truly been hurt and know they can come to me about anything and everything. I want to allow others to know that there is a safe space for them Be it for a night or longer if needed." The werewolf's eyes glanced over to the drow's locking onto hers. It wasn't meant in a form of dominance or a malicious intent. No. Eye contact also meant trust. And Harper wanted Vadreaam to know she could trust her. "Whatever you need. Be it just for tonight, a week, or longer, I'm here to help. I won't force you to tell me things you don't want to talk about around a dinner table. I also won't make you talk about how you got hurt. I just want you to know you can stay here and feel safe. Or as safe as you think you can be. This a very well guarded house. Not many people will touch this place."

Not many people would because it was her mother's house. Travis' first granddaughter. Not many people knew that these days. But there were enough Valentine Mafia people that kept an eye on it. Besides Kaleb of course.

Harper spied a steak she wanted. Reaching over, she plopped it on her plate and started to dig in as Vadreeaam begun asking more questions. That was...well that was a bit harder to talk about. Okay maybe not talk about but relay the information. "We have...a system here. While we cannot keep all bad cops out, we do a good job of keeping most out. Like I said, there are some that are bad. But not all. I know a few good cops who are very helpful. The Chief of Police is a very respectable man. He wants nothing more than to see the world because a beautiful place full of happiness and joy. And rid the world of crime and mafias. The last part is going to be a bit difficult, as it is almost impossible to do, but if anyone can do it, it's him. As for guarding a town that is both terrible and not....well...it is challenging. You have to take each case day by day. There will be good days and there will be ad days. As a cop, you will see a lot more bad days than good. As a cop, you have to stop the bad guys from winning. There will always be bad guys if there are good guys. Yin and Yang kinda thing. But it helps that we record everyone who enters the city.....which you'll have to do when you feel up to it. It's not just for our records but for your safety. You won't believe how many cases tend to get blamed on unrecorded people who walk into the city."
Harper Fairfax
Harper Fairfax

Health:
Armor Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdrá Eingana Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:44 am

Valdrá shifted once again uncomfortably as Harper first spoke, any mention of just how she had found herself sitting in the wolf womanʼs kitchen straining her capacity to keep said thoughts at bay. Still, she again had to appreciate her warning. Or her observation on the current state of the world. Hadnʼt she believed not so long ago that true safety did exist? That there was a world where trust came easily and for free? Of course, that was nonsense, and she was paying for her own inexperience. No, she doubted that she would have an issue trusting anyone, ever again. Even as Harper continued about her hope to change that, her desire to be what people who were tricked needed to help them. Hadnʼt she also wanted that, too? How long had she waited for someone to come save her? Making eye contact, the desire to spill everything and burst into tears warred with the desire to never tell a single honest thing ever again for fear that somehow it could, and would be used against her. She couldnʼt even tell the woman her name, out of fear. If that was a world Harper wanted no part of, well damn if she didnʼt understand, but it was also a world Valdrá felt she could never escape from.

“You are very kind, Harper Fairfax, and one day, when things are how theyʼre meant to be, I will pay you back.” Valdrá responded, filing away the mention of the safety of the house for later research, not feeling like she could ask outright what made it so off limits to the every day criminal, while also not entirely convinced that whoever might be currently looking for her would be dissuaded. But what did she know, really, about who, if anyone, would bother to find her again at all? A nameless threat, faceless enemy, her eyes went big again for a moment before Harper continued and brought her out of her mental spiral. Thoughts on just how she would repay her obligation to Harper momentarily set aside.

Her forced calm didnʼt last long though, as Harper mentioned “recording” and Valdrá finally set her fork down, the wolf having her undivided attention. “What do you mean by recording? Like take my name? Write it down? Like that?”
Valdrá Eingana
Valdrá Eingana

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fairfax Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Pay her back? There was no reason to pay her back. Harper had to laugh at that. After all, it was pretty funny. "Please, you don't need to pay me back. As well, just call me Harper. You don't need to call me by my full name." Was that a common thing with Drows? That they just spoke everyone's full name? Maybe. She would have to ask Mayor Strider one day. Not that he was a Drow. He was a different kind of elf. Something something elf. Not a half elf. But elf. Eh...it didn't really matter at the moment. What did matter was next bit of information. Or rather, the information she had given to Vadreaam.

Even Harper couldn't ignore the signs. The smaller drow girl seemed worried by this. Putting her name into the system was a very frighting thing. Yes, it was. It was a thing that everyone dealt with. But it was needed. Not just for the girl before her's safety, but for everyone else. Knowing what they were dealing with while going into certain situations helped the Twin City Police handle just about every type of issue. So, Harper needed to help explain that in a safer and more simpler term. "Ah...yes. We take your name and your race. Height, weight, markings, things like that. I'm recorded in there because I'm a werewolf. They know what I look like in my human form as well as in my wolf form. Down to the exact little markings. Werewolves are the most recorded of all the people here in the city. Because we have....uh....monthly issues." Monthly issues was a good way to put it.

It was a bit embarrassing to talk about it, but it needed to be talked about. Werewolves had only just gotten their rights back. It had been a struggle, but people like her could walk around without issues. As long as they recorded everything about them. "Because we shift on the full moons, some of us get a bit more violet than others. We all can't keep ourselves in check so if a murder happens, we can correctly imprison the right person. Only we can see the records of course. It's not a public thing. And even to look at the records, you have to have a reason to do so. Not just because we want to look you up for our own fun. Some races tend to cause issues. Demons and devils are another big group of people who we keep a close eye on. But...we also need the information in case something happens like what happened today. If say a werewolf has been attacked and is lying in their own blood, you want to be careful. We'll snap at you and try and hurt you. So you want to send in another werewolf to keep them in check. But if just an elf gets attacked and is in the same situation, we don't have be as careful. If that makes sense."

Hopefully it did. It was a lot of information. Especially for someone who just entered the city and who had gone through such a traumatic situation. Likely, she was going to have to explain it all again. And that was okay. If that was what the girl needed then that was what Harper was going to do. Glancing at the food still left on the table, Harper gestured for Vadreaam to get herself some more. Better to eat it all now than to just let it sit there. Though, truth be told it wouldn't go to waste. Kaleb or Westly would eat it upon coming home.

"But for you it should be easy. We just need to get you a file, put your name on it, put Drow on it, and then call it a day, yeah? I can do that no issue and save you from having to deal with the men who have to deal with new people day in day out. But we can do that when you're ready. But please, eat some more if you're still hungry. I'll get more water if you want it."
Harper Fairfax
Harper Fairfax

Health:
Armor Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdrá Eingana Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 am

Valdrá ignored Harperʼs protest about being paid back entirely. It was nonnegotiable and so there was no point in pushing the issue, she felt like. Keeping to just Harper though, she made a mental note to remember. Apparently using full names was unusual. At least for wolves? Or was it just the woman's preference? Sheʼd need to look that up too. As Harper continued though, her frown deepened.

Down to the exact markings. She did not like that. Not one bit, though from the way Harper spoke, it seemed that elves werenʼt too high on the officer watch list, and for that, she felt a small bit of relief. Interesting that wolves of all creatures would be the most monitored. She would need to read up on that too. She supposed if there were a large enough group of them in a city this size…it would maybe make sense, especially if they all did not have Harperʼs disposition, but surely there were more chaotic creatures than wolves lurking around, right? Maybe just not in the same number. There was so much she didnʼt understand.

Like what happened today. Well what had happened today, truly? A small elf girl had been attacked, in some way, shape, or form, right? Exactly what she had wanted, wasnʼt it? To blend in. Harper did not appear to be questioning it, and why should she question what was so obvious from the looks of things? Valdrá slowly nodded, signaling that she was following, even as her own thoughts kept tugging her elsewhere. Of course they wouldnʼt have to be as careful toward her, her arms looked like toothpicks after all. Still, it had her wondering.

Nodding to the offer of more water, and calming down farther at the mention that it would her Harper who would be doing the ʼrecordingʼ and not some random officer, she reached with her fork for another steak. No blood tests then, no magical what have you to make sure the outside form matched the inside. Good. All good.

“What about dragons?” Valdrá finally asked after Harper had sat back down, taking the water from her. “How would you record them, if there were any in town?ʼ She asked offhandedly, still uncertain that she should really be asking at all, but also figuring that since recording had been brought up, now was the best time to be wondering right? Seemed natural, nothing weird about asking, she was pretty sure.
Valdrá Eingana
Valdrá Eingana

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fairfax Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Harper got up and fetched the other girl some more water as well as grabbing herself a glass to wash down the beer. Returning to her seat, the werewolf girl placed Vadreaam's glass before her before returning to her own seat at the table. A new question had been asked, one that Harper wasn't exactly expecting. But, maybe she was looking for a dragon? Or maybe wanted to just know how others were recorded. After all, she explained werewolves pretty thoroughly, why not dragons?

Harper shrugged and didn't pay too much mind to the question in of itself. "Dragons are pretty rare here in town. Not that we don't get them, but not many come through. We're a big hustle and bustle kinda town with a bunch of different kinds of people here. But regardless, how we record them is just like anything else. We record the type of dragon, their age, how big they are, name, and any important markings in their scales. We don't have nearly as much problems with them as say demons or werewolves. But they can get pretty nasty if enraged. I mean...between me and you, I'd hate to be on the other end of an angry fire breathing dragon. I like living, thank you very much."

Sitting back, the werewolf girl took a sip of her water and sat back. Her thoughts were now on what to do next. Likely this girl wanted to go relax in a bed or even take a moment to just be alone. Putting her glass down, Harper gave the small drow girl a sheepish smile. "So, I should likely get you a room set up. I should have done that sooner. That is my bad. But I'll go do that now. You are welcome to stay here for as long as you want. I'll let my brothers know in case you run into them. As well as a spare house key. You don't need to worry about paying for the room or anything. I'm not going to ask you, my mother if she pops in won't ask you, and my brothers won't. And then maybe we can go get you some clothes that will actually fit....sorry about that as well." She was trying to be a good host, but she was not ready for everything.

Standing up, Harper started towards the stairs. But before leaving the room, she turned back to Vadreaam and spoke again. "I'll be a few minutes to get the room set up. Feel free to finish eating and I'll come get you. Oh. And if you need to make a phone call, we have a land line here. Yeah I know...a land line. No one has those anymore. I'll be back soon." With that, Harper walked up the stairs and entered a room close to hers. Opening up the windows for a moment, she aired out the rooms. Harper pulled out new sheets and placed them over the bed and grabbed a few blankets. Returning to her room, the werewolf girl tried to find her smallest sets of clothes and put them in the drawer in the second room for the time being. She took her time, letting Vadreaam decompress as much as she could while still there.
Harper Fairfax
Harper Fairfax

Health:
Armor Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum