Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Twin City
Welcome to Twin City Supernatural RP! First and For most, this is a L3S3V3 forum. If found out you are not of legal age, you will be deleted and your IP will be banned. First and last warning. Otherwise, welcome! Read over the rules, history, and all that fun stuff before making a character! Once settled in, feel free to chat with us. Luna and TxValz are your friendly Co Admins. Their words are Law. Please enjoy your stay at Twin City and try not to find yourself dead.

-Game Master
Twin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Admins/Mods
TxValz Luna
Members

Faction Total Members
TCPD 6 1 7
Valentine 1 0 1
Rossi 1 2 3
Untamed 1 1 2
Free Agent 1 2 3
Civilian 3 3 6
Grand Total 13 9 22

Member list
Events/News

It's the middle of February. I know, late to update. But if you couldn't tell, there is no major event running along the Grand Ball. As well, we are going to start pushing more with the grand event. We don't want to exactly hurry everything along, but we do want action to start happening! Feel free to continue to post and enjoy it. Watch out for the drama that is about to go down~

Grand Ball Event
Latest topics
» Screen Shots of Histroy throughout Twin City
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am by Game Master

» The Beach near the Harbor ~ Dragons coming.
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:04 pm by Shogeki Tekina

» Normal Grading Thread
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm by Jasmine Ward

» Svala Svingrior
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm by Luna

» Fenrir (Fenrir Hróðvitnir)
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Rune Alba Tyche
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm by Luna

» Shogeki Tekina
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm by Luna

» Gola Jaci "s Character
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:48 am by Luna

» Repeat offender, Shop lifter in the market [Mission Level 1]
How Magic Works I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 4:21 am by Game Master

Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Top RP Sites

How Magic Works

Go down

How Magic Works Empty How Magic Works

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:54 pm

As you have been roaming around the site, either starting up a new character or finally decided that you want your character to have this talent, you have decided that you want to use magic! Well, let me explain exactly what you can and cannot do with it.

First off, there are about 3 different 'types' of magic. As in, you only want the magic to be use in non combat ways, you want to use it in combat, or you want to use it as both non combat and combat. Not a problem. You are more than free to go ahead and add any of those three to your character! But I'm going to stop you for a moment. Why you might be asking? Well that's a good question. I need you to take a moment and ask yourself: How do I want this magic to be applied? Don't worry, I'll give you guys a few ways on how each area can be applied. From there, you can have a better understanding of what type of magic is right for you.

Non Combat ways:      

1. I do not wish to attack anyone with the magic.
  2. It is only used in Normal Threads for dramatic or special effects.
  3. In Mission Threads, if used, it will only help me do a task other than harm another.

Combat ways:      

1. I  wish to physically or mentally attack enemies with the magic.
  2. In Normal Threads, it is a legitimatized weapon to be use against another person with their consent. It is not used for special effects.
  3. In Mission Threads, if used, it will only help me harm another/enemy. In no way is it meant to help me do a task.

Non Combat and Combat ways:      

1. I wish to both attack people with it as well as use it for other reasons
  2. In a normal thread, I wish to use it for dramatic and or special effect as well as a legitimate weapon to use against someone with their consent.
  3. In Mission Threads, if used, it can both be used to harm an enemy as well as help with some other task.

Now that we have figured out how we wish to use the magic, now we need to ask ourselves: How complicated is the magic I wish to use?

There will be an extra step for some people vs other people. This extra step will have you explain what the magic concept is, how you wish to use it, and some examples of what it can and cannot do. Only people who have magic concepts that could potentially be OP or people whom the Admins have asked to make one will need to do this. All others (Such as people who wish to do one for their own sanity or think their magic concept could be OP) may do one if you would like, but unless been instructed to do so, it is not mandatory for your character's magic.

There are, however, one last thing I would like to point out. While every magical concept is open, I do have 1 concept that is limited to only 1 races: Shadow Magic.

Shadow magic can only be obtained if your character is either a Full Blooded Shadow Reaper, Full Blooded Demon, Was once a Shadow Reaper (Were turned into a Werewolf or Vampire), or Half Shadow Reaper/Demon.

If there are more races that demand soul ownership of certain kinds of magic, I will not hesitate to put up a list with that information. But as of right now, please keep the Shadow Magic concept in mind if you wish to use it.
Game Master
Game Master
Admin

Health:
How Magic Works Left_bar_bleue1000/1000How Magic Works Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Armor Points :
How Magic Works Left_bar_bleue0/0How Magic Works Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Focus:

https://twincity.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

How Magic Works Empty Re: How Magic Works

Post by Game Master Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 pm

I have decided I no longer like my magic concept. What do I do?!

That happens to the best of us. Sometimes we get bored with the magic concept and want to change it. Well let me tell you what you can and cannot do. First off, you simply cannot just up and switch someone's magic just because you feel the need or want to. As a character, that simply does not happen. What I will need is some kind of reasoning why the character no longer uses that magic and now uses a different magic. Like some sort of Arc. A Character Arc. You've heard of these. A character goes through some sort of situation that is beyond his abilities currently and strives to make himself stronger or something happens to him and the character has to learn to adapt. That is the concept I would like for you all to do when changing your magic. The character Arc does not need to be a 20 thread long thing that happens with 4 or more people. It could if you want it to, but not necessary. As long as it goes through a good story line as to why your character is changing magic, that is fine by me. Just remember to link the thread in question for it.

Once you have the reason why this is happening, you can go ahead and change the magic. Send an Admin and PM (if they don't already know) and they will unlock your sheet to allow you access to the magic part.

Easy right? Just one more hoop I need you to jump through. In order to keep everyone from changing whenever they want, I will have to ask you to please wait 3 months between changes. This allows you to sit and suffer with your new life choices if it didn't end well with you and think carefully before you do another concept you do not wish to do. This also goes for people who plan to have someone lose magic and then regain it later. Please keep the 3 month cool down in mind as you do this. It has everything to do with character development as well as keeping the Admins from unnecessary paper work that they have been trying to rid themselves of this entire time.

And with that, that is all you need to know! If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them!
Game Master
Game Master
Admin

Health:
How Magic Works Left_bar_bleue1000/1000How Magic Works Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:35 am

This table will help you figure out at what levels you can use what Tier of magic. It will also explain how many spells you can cast per mission. Take a look:

Magic
Level -Tier -Damage -Critical Damage -# of Spells Per Mission
000-123
1-511-246
6-1022-3610
11-1533-4812
16-2044-51014
21-25*55-612Infinite
*You may gain this Tier at a later time either by being gifted to you or through a special mission handed out by request once a character has reached level 18 or higher. This mission could result in a character's death so do not take it lightly.

This table only pertains to the missions. In regular threads, once again, we are giving you free rein. However, if we find out that you are abusing your magic gifts, we will take matters into our own hands and everyone will have to apply for a magic even as simple as simply healing others and have to have special cool downs even on stupid shit. Really, you don't want that. We don't want that. If that happens, know that there will be a line for this, and this line will take as long to have dwindle down as we want it to. You can thank whoever fucked it up for you all.

Anyways, follow this table for the missions, and you should be fine. Please keep in mind of your character's abilities while out in a regular thread. No one can cast 50 spells in a short time. No matter how well trained they are without the experience on this site.
Game Master
Game Master
Admin

Health:
Armor Points :
Focus:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down